Dec 15, 2014
While it doesn’t often get below freezing in Hilton Head, many Lowcountry residents are turning up the heat as the weather gets colder. Furnaces, gas heaters, and fireplaces are getting more use, and now is a good time to consider the dangers of carbon monoxide and take extra precaution to prevent CO poisoning.
Homeowners should have their heating systems serviced regularly, and install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes. Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless gas that causes symptoms similar to those of the flu, including fatigue, dizziness, headaches, nausea, and vomiting. If left untreated, CO poisoning can cause death! If members of your household are experiencing these symptoms when at home, but feel better outside the house, there may be a CO problem.
Here are some safety tips recommended by health officials to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:
For more information on carbon monoxide poisoning and prevention, visit http://www.cdc.gov/co/. Stay safe this winter!
If you want to make a little piece of The Island your own, you need more than just a road map and a REALTOR. You need a partner who can make things happen.
Home Sales Hit a Record-Setting Rebound
Jul 24, 2020