Dec 22, 2014
Thinking about renovating your bathroom next year? Many homeowners are considering bathroom upgrades in 2015. Whether you’re looking to prepare your home for sale or just need to bring your design up to par with the latest trends, here are a few ideas for redoing your bathroom in the new year.
1. Au naturel. Earthy materials and “green” design are making a comeback in 2015. Replace your swanky tiles with stone, wood, and recycled materials to give your bathroom a simple, natural appearance. Wooden floors, wood-like tiles, or wood paneling on one wall can give your bathroom that haute, earthy vibe. Adding potted plants, hanging gardens, and shelves of succulents can also add to the all-natural design. Freshen up your paint with muted, earthen tones and install warm lighting for a super-cozy feel.
2. Minimal water usage. Controlling and minimizing water waste is a hot trend for 2015. There are so many options for getting the most out of your water usage, including touchscreen-operated showers, thermostatic mixers, and multi-control mixers for several water sources. You can also upgrade your toilets to something more eco-friendly, with different flush options for efficient water usage.
3. Freestanding bathtubs. Add a sense of luxury and relaxation, and boost your bathroom’s aesthetic appeal with a deep, freestanding tub. Some options can even make your bathroom feel more spacious.
4. More shower space. Larger showers will be all the rage in 2015. Check out some walk-in shower options, with walls of glass, tile, and wood.
5. Unique lighting. Upgrade the lights in your bathroom with soft accents, motion-sensors, hanging fixtures, or built-in tub or shower lights. A well-lit bathroom can make all the difference and create a more unique, inviting feel.
For more bathroom renovation ideas and to get help preparing your home for sale, contact the experts at Hilton Head Island Real Estate Brokers.
If you want to make a little piece of The Island your own, you need more than just a road map and a REALTOR. You need a partner who can make things happen.
Home Sales Hit a Record-Setting Rebound
Jul 24, 2020