Aug 12, 2018
Nothing says summer like long evenings spent lounging out on the patio. Make the most out of your outdoor space by adding a little flair. Here are several easy upgrades for a summer full of family fun.
1. Build a pizza oven. Make Friday night pizzas a family tradition, courtesy of your new outdoor pizza oven! You can purchase one ready to go, or purchase the materials
and do it yourself.
2. Update your outdoor lighting. Nothing kills a night vibe like a dim, dark space. Brighten up your patio with a repurposed antique chandelier, add some sconce lighting along the walls, and get creative with string lights wrapped around bannisters or lattice.
3. Switch up your seating. Bring the coziness of your indoor space outside with ample seating options. Create a coffee nook or comfy reading space, and a separate dining area for outdoor dinner parties. A stone table can give a unique, rustic feel, or go with a bistro
table for a more chic look. For lounging, consider a hammock chair or hanging sofa. Just make sure they are secured!
4. Add some greenery. To add some life to your deck or patio, consider sprinkling container gardens around. Not only can these be edible, but they add a pop of color and offer a fun, botanical feel.
5. Clear out some room to dance! If you or your friends are known to get down on the dance floor, add some space by clearing a corner of your patio. Portable dance floor options are easily available, but your natural flooring will work just as well, as long as it’s well lit and close to the bar.
6. Build a bar. Speaking of bars, an outdoor bar can add a luxurious vibe to your outdoor space, and is almost necessary if you often entertain a large group of people. No space for a full bar? Check out a foldable DIY option.
7. Add an outdoor theater. For all you movie buffs out there: impress your friends and entertain the kids by stringing a line between deck posts or trees. When it’s movie time, simply throw a white sheet on the line, flip on the projector and bring out the popcorn. Add some
plush chairs and throws to make for a more comfortable theater experience.
8. Extend the space with gravel. Is your outdoor space too small for all of your big ideas? Create an easy extension by clearing a space at the end of the patio and adding some gravel. Arrange your picnic table, grill, or outdoor seating area on the gravel and -voila!- more outdoor space!
If you want to make a little piece of The Island your own, you need more than just a road map and a REALTOR. You need a partner who can make things happen.
Home Sales Hit a Record-Setting Rebound
Jul 24, 2020