Oct 13, 2015
Fall is FINALLY here! Summer came and went in the blink of an eye, but it is NOT too late to go out and enjoy this beautiful fall weather on Hilton Head Island.
1. Music & Taste on the Harbour – Is there anything better than live music outdoors with a beautiful view? We put it all together at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, located just across Highway 278 from the Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Every Thursday, through October 23, Shelter Cove will feature live music from local bands along with light appetizers and drink specials from Shelter Cove restaurants. It’s a free event, so don’t miss the fun!
2. Fishing – It’s hard to top fall fishing on Hilton Head Island. The red fish are especially abundant, because they spawn, forming large schools, during fall. We have more than 6000 red fish, ranging in size from 1-40 pounds, stocked in our 11-mile inland lagoon, so you’re bound to catch one.
3. Biking – With the milder temperatures, it’s a great time to hop on a bike and explore the 50 miles + of paved bike paths across the island.
4. Kayaking – Another great activity for all ages here at the resort is kayaking or canoeing. Enjoy a peaceful paddle in our lagoon system and take in the beautiful natural surroundings and golf course views.
5. Beachcombing – Autumn can be the perfect season to search for shells. The beaches are not as crowded and the sun isn’t beating down on you quite so much. Keep your eye out for various shells, shark teeth and even the occasional Native American artifact!
6. Golf – Challenge your best friends to a round – or several rounds – of golf at our three varied, championship Hilton Head golf courses. We offer lots of benefits for groups, such as stocked beer, logoed merchandise and access to our TripCaddie app that lets you track scores and even award trophies!
7. Tennis – You can work up a sweat playing tennis at one of Hilton Head Island’s fabulous tennis courts.
8. Horseback Riding – Fall is the perfect time to go horseback riding. It’s not to hot and not too cold. Just Right :).
9. The Concours d’Elegance- The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance is one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks. This year, will be the 14th year celebrating the evolution of horsepower. Oct 23- November 1st.
10. Go Boating- Boating around the waters around Hilton Head is beautiful. It gives you an opportunity to see the Island the way the first adventures saw the island over a thousand years ago.
If you want to make a little piece of The Island your own, you need more than just a road map and a REALTOR. You need a partner who can make things happen.
Home Sales Hit a Record-Setting Rebound
Jul 24, 2020