Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, & The Surrounding SC Lowcountry
Mar 2, 2015
Gray, dreary days and winter weather may be dragging you down. A dark, gloomy house doesn’t make those days stuck inside seem any better. If you’re like the rest of us in the Lowcountry, you’re probably craving sunlight and warmer weather. Here are a few ways to brighten up any room in your house and alleviate some of that cabin fever.
1. All white is all right. All white walls can effectively transform your interior and keeping a space light, clean, and bright. Many homeowners are afraid of a bland, monotonous appearance; prevent this by accenting your white walls with colorful artwork, intricate area rugs, and patterned furniture. Fresh white or off-white walls can serve as a beautiful backdrop to emphasize your unique style.
2. Or, add a splash of color. If you simply can’t stand the thought of all-white walls, consider painting the trim white and accenting it with a rich, bold color. A strong color against the bright white will brighten your space and make it feel extra crisp and contemporary. For a more subtle effect, paint your walls a soft sky blue to bring the outdoors inside.
3. Don’t forget about your fifth wall! Painting your ceiling a bright, bold color or wallpapering it with a large format pattern can make your space feel cheerfully chic. Take it to the next level with glossy white crown molding and a statement chandelier.
4. Showcase your art. Whether it’s a family heirloom or a print purchased online, the larger and more colorful, the better. Make your walls come alive with bright, colorful artwork, or create a similar, shimmering effect with mirrors. They look beautiful hung on the wall and grouped in vignettes, and they reflect light, adding a luminous brightness to every space.
5. Light it up! Layering is key in creating a balanced lighting scheme. Put your brightest layer of light in your high-activity areas. Create a middle layer of accent light to highlight specific areas without detracting from the focal points. Add a third layer of ambient or background light. Dimmers can set the mood, conserve energy, and help customize light in a multi-use room.
Sometimes the simplest thing to do is to pull back the curtains and let your windows do the work! Lighting up your interior space can help bring the sunshine indoors and help get you through these last few weeks of winter. For more information, contact the experienced Realtors at Hilton Head Island Real Estate Brokers at 843-785-8006.
If you want to make a little piece of The Island your own, you need more than just a road map and a REALTOR. You need a partner who can make things happen.
Home Sales Hit a Record-Setting Rebound
Jul 24, 2020