Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, & The Surrounding SC Lowcountry
Mar 9, 2015
Wanting to give your home an upgrade but lacking the budget for a full renovation? There are so many little, affordable changes you can make to give your home a brand new look. Here are five easy home upgrades you can do yourself for under $100.
1. Fresh Paint. Painting has always been the low-budget designer’s go-to, as a fresh coat of paint can make any room feel brand new. A different color palette allows for a new wave of creativity. You can completely recolor the whole room, or add a pop of accent color to just one wall or the ceiling.
2. New Window Treatments. New curtains for your living room or bedroom can create an interesting new look with very minimal effort and cost. Swap out new colors and fabrics to go with the seasons – try light, sheer colors for spring and summer or darker, heavier drapes for late fall and winter.
3. Lighting Upgrade. Install new lights in a dark room to give it an immediate visual upgrade. Bathrooms and entryways are typically in need of new lights, and will benefit most from a lighting upgrade.
4. New Hardware. Replacing the hardware on your kitchen cabinets is an easy way to upgrade your kitchen without breaking the bank. It’s amazing how new handles or knobs can really make a kitchen sparkle!
5. Doorway Shelving. Installing a small shelf above a doorway creates more storage room and creates a great space to display photos or books. Simply add a wooden shelf above your door and paint it to match the trim.
For more information on upgrading your home or preparing it for sale, check out the rest of our blog or contact the Realtors at Hilton Head Island Real Estate Brokers. If you need help selling your home, give us a call at 843-785-8006 today!
If you want to make a little piece of The Island your own, you need more than just a road map and a REALTOR. You need a partner who can make things happen.
Home Sales Hit a Record-Setting Rebound
Jul 24, 2020