With over 5,000 acres, Sea Pines was the first development on Hilton Head Island. It is also the largest gated community in the area. For a number of years “Sea Pines” and “Hilton Head” were synonymous. The candy-striped lighthouse in Harbour Town has been a recognized symbol of Hilton Head Island.
Developed in 1956, Sea Pines was one of the first residential developments on the East Coast to combine golf and real estate, and one of the first to promote recreation for all ages—residents and visitors alike. With about 1,300 acres devoted to parks, forest preserves, lagoons, and marshlands, Sea Pines was also one of the first to use covenants and deed restrictions to emphasize and protect the environment.
As a resident or visitor of Sea Pines, you can “play 18” on Harbor Town Golf Links in the morning and sail alongside dolphins in the evening. You may also want to meander over to the beach, where over five miles of pristine shoreline await—ideal for sun bathing, splashing in the water, volleyball, or long refreshing walks. An endless array of activities exists within this residential community, from biking and kayaking to horseback riding and boating. For those who like to fish, simply drop a line in the water, recline, and wait for them to bite.
Sea Pines is home to villas, condominiums, homes, and a number of homesites. In addition, short-term rentals are allowed in Sea Pines, offering investors and homeowners an option to invest in vacation rentals.
Sea Pines is located on the South End of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Sea Pines can be reached from The Sea Pines Circle off Highway 278 and at the intersection of Cordillo Parkway and South Forest Beach Drive.
Sea Pines Community Features and Amenities:
- Gated Community: Gated, 24-hour Security, Controlled Access at Greenwood and Ocean Gates
- Golf: Three Public Courses: Harbour Town Golf Links, Ocean Course, and Sea Marsh Course; Private Sea Pines Country Club Course
- Tennis: 21 Clay Courts, 4 Lighted Courts, Sea Pines Racquet Club in Harbour Town, Pro Shop, 1,800-seat Stadium Court
- Fitness and Recreation: Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Biking, Kayaking, Equestrian Center and Horseback Riding, Boating, Fishing, 15 Miles of Leisure Trails
- Shopping and Dining: Harbour Town, Live Oak, Topside Waterfront Restaurant, The Quarterdeck, Harbour Town Bakery & Cafe, Harbourside Burgers and Brews, South Beach Village, Sea Pines Center
- Local Attractions: Harbour Town Lighthouse, Harbour Town Golf Links, 605-acre Forest Preserve, Harbour Town Yacht Basin
- Beach Access: Five miles of Atlantic Ocean beach, Sea Pines Beach Club, South Beach’s Tower Beach Club
Sea Pines Documents:
Sea Pines Community Fees:
Transfer/Initiation and Other Fees:
Fees Last Updated: